The idea of Thanksgiving is a beautiful one. Waking up late and saying "Boy, I'm thankful for you. Cat, I'm thankful for you. House, I'm thankful for you." etc, is pretty super. Getting up, making fresh bread- that's great too. Making "would be Indonesian if I hadn't made up the recipe" squash soup wasn't so bad either. By the time 5:30 rolls around and you're still cooking, you begin to wonder where your day off went. Somewhere in there, we also made Thai broccoli, vegetable wellington, and pie. Then we carted the entire meal over to my mother's house, where she'd made turkey ("Vegetarian Thanksgiving? You can't not have turkey!"), 2 kinds of stuffing, cranberry sauce, and 2 pies. The idea was that because she'd just had foot surgery, I'd make the meal. If I'd known it would be the second meal, I'm not sure I would've made quite so much. Regardless, everything was wonderful.
As it turns out, I do in fact remember how to use a computer. The problem with blogging about projects you can't post about, is that your only option is to swear up and down that you've been busy. Without pictures or descriptions, this is a hard case to prove.
Quick updates
- Got engaged. So. Happy. So. Busy. I've never, ever considered my wedding before, but thankfully some truly awesome friends have offered to help me in my stupor.
- Working on The Magazine, hoping to launch in January.
- Joined the Y (see: got engaged)
- Knitting my fingers off. Literally- I sustained a knitting injury working on the fern throw. Pinched a nerve, or some such thing. It seems to be ok as of the past few days, so I'll be back at it as soon as I have my coffee.
2 comments:
You have a lovely life. :)
i'm enjoying it!
speaking of lovely- can i claim my ornament now? ;) SO adorable!
Post a Comment