Monday, October 30, 2006

argh and/or narf!




uuuuuuuuuuuuuuunf. Have you ever had so many projects going, that you completely shut down for lack of direction? I just came up (or came down?) with a missing stitch in the fern blanket, and almost pitched it across the room. I have birthdays and holidays and anniversary and super secret knits and my class and Halloween and princess flippin' buttercup and the shawl that never ends and articles and layouts and laundry and buying a new car because some nogoodnick totaled mine and Kyoto (although I've missed Fall at this point) and Essential Stripe and those silly potholders that the cat carries off to all ends of the house and curtains and cleaning and 12 books- all to fit in the cracks around the day job.

I feel like I get nothing done these days- even though today I went to work, worked on the fern, and made two recipes. I'd like to be reasonable and say that was a fair amount. Unfortunately my inner workings scream "there are 24 usable hours in every day." a la Empire Records Liv Tyler on speed.

On the upside- tomorrow is Halloween, and I'm ALLOWED to eat as much chocolate as I want. As if not-Halloween ever stopped me from doing that.

2 comments:

jenna said...

Holy moley! You need minions. Or elves. Or worker monkeys. (And chocolate...lots of chocolate...)

bjl said...

monkeys in branches, per chance?