Monday, October 23, 2006
a few random things.
1. The Simpsons are a life saver. No, really. I wasn’t really a fan until college, but now I can’t seem to function if I go a few days without it. It’s like comfort food. Fat free, brain rotting comfort food. Also, Maggie looks like a starfish in her winter coat.
2. Fall is by far the most romantic season. Not just because that’s when I found my other half, or that my cat resembles a pumpkin, or even because I’m a big sap. I think the loverlyness of the season is universal. Autumn may mean the end of t-shirts and fresh tomatoes, but New England never looks more gorgeous than it does when it’s dressed in red, orange, yellow, burgundy, yellow, and evergreen. The beauty is truly awesome. It’s inescapable: milling around Alfred looking for Secret Art, or driving past the concrete walls draped with rainbow colored ivy, broken by the sun crackled, steel sky- the kind of sky that makes you sing John Lennon songs. It’s not just the beauty though- it’s that everything seems more special. You make go on 50 bike rides during the spring and summer- but when you have to bundle up, it’s as if you have a secret. It makes the event more intimate- it’s like you’re getting away with something. Apple picking is not the same as cherry picking. You’re not sitting on a hay covered tractor because you are a great forager, gathering fruit for your family- you are grabbing the last bits of sunlight that “everyone” else is missing. The air is cold- but it’s clean, and dry (for now), and nothing smells better than a camp fire or wood stove. Do yourself a favor, and take that last snow-free walk a few times.
3. The Fern Blanket is going to be gorgeous, but the idea of 14 MORE skeins is a little daunting. Gotta love Knit Picks.
4.My cat totally looks like a pumpkin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you updated! I heart fall as well, and your cat DOES look like a pumpkin.
tis the best time of year, isn't it?
Wow! That blanket pattern is really beautiful! Is it something you can knit mindlessly at knitting club and before you know it all 14 skeins are gone??
i think after a few more repeats, i'll have the pattern down- i don't think it's a lux pattern though. i wish my camera would behave so i could show it off!
Post a Comment